I don’t bake often but recently my kitchen family received a new addition – beautiful and powerful KitchenAid Stand Mixer!
Look at this shiny and sleek kitchen helper! It seems like a crime now not to bake! I felt obligated to try it out. I decided to start with something familiar and simple like one of my friend’s favorite recipes – Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips. I must say, having this little guy in the kitchen definitely makes a difference. It is mess-free and quick way to mix all ingredients together.
Here is the recipe.
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups of white all-purpose flour (I used half whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 bananas (I used old frozen bananas from my freezer)
- 125 gr butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips (use dark chocolate for healthier version)
- 1/2 tsp liquid vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix soften butter and sugar together.
- Mash bananas with a fork and add them to the mixture.
- Mix eggs with vanilla and beat lightly. Add to the mixture.
- Add the rest of ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered baking form. Put in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
Enjoy with your tea