This year we are lucky to have my mother-in-law visiting us from Turkey for Christmas and New Years. This means a lot of cooking and baking! Yesterday we came home from work to a delicious smell of cinnamon and freshly baked cookies. What a nice surprise!
I don’t usually like cookies because of their sweetness but these ones are not that sweet at all! They are very light and perfectly balanced. They are great to have with tea or coffee as a treat at the end of a meal or during the day. Cinnamon gives them a Christmas-y feel.
I’d like to share the recipe of these beautiful cinnamon cookies here.
Christmas Cinnamon Cookies Recipe
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 gr butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup powder (icing) sugar
- 1 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Mix egg yolks, butter, vanilla and powder sugar.
- Add flour, cinnamon and baking powder and mix together until it’s soft.
- Shape cookies into little balls and press from the top to make them a bit flat.
- Put cookies on a cookie tray and place it in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Take cookies out and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix icing sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of the cookies.
- Enjoy with tea or coffee!